Guided day tours
Due to the current COVID-associated risks to our staff and animals, we’ve made the decision to modify our capacity numbers for this experience.
We will be reviewing the situation regularly to ensure we increase our maximum capacity numbers as soon as we can.
If your group is brimming with wildlife-related questions and you enjoy listening and learning about Australian wildlife and conservation, then our Guided Tour is a must! We even provide you with special food, so you can get up-close to some of our animals and hand-feed them.
Tours can comprise of a general exploration of the park, or they can be tailored to the specific interests of your group.
Generally, a Guided Day Tour includes:
- Visiting the Red Kangaroos and Tasmanian Devils.
- Hand-feeding some of the park’s friendly inhabitants, such as kangaroos, wallabies, emus and water birds.
- Viewing the koalas in their lofts.
- Walking through one of our bird aviaries.
Duration: 1 hour
Number: Up to 20 people
Cost: Weekdays rate - $140 per hour/per guide (plus entry fee)
Weekend rate - $280 per hour/per guide (plus entry fee)
Public holiday - $420 per hour/per guide (plus entry fee)
Please note, this is an intimate and up-close animal encounter. In order to settle and monitor our animals, Cleland’s Wildlife Keepers will also need to get up-close at times.
Masks are therefore a requirement for this experience, regardless of age or any exemptions. By booking this experience you, and any other participants, agree to wear a mask for the duration of the experience. Your cooperation ensures your safety is maintained, while also protecting the wellbeing of our staff and animals. Thank you.
- Entry to Cleland Wildlife Park is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
- Only paying participants may participate in tour.
- Please note this tour does not include a koala hold.
- Maximum number of guests is 20.
- Please note, we have a heat policy for the welfare and comfort of our guests and staff. If the temperature is forecast to reach 37 degrees at Mt Barker, then it is too hot for this tour to take place.
- Cancellations made 5 days’ prior to booking will receive a full refund. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded. If a refund is authorised it will be made within 28 days of booking date.
- Cancellations made by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather, or other conditions, outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule, or be refunded in full. If a Total Fire Ban day is declared, management reserve the right to cancel the tour. We will endeavour to reschedule and ensure you still maintain your booking. In the event you cannot attend the re-scheduled tour, a full refund will be granted. Management reserve the right to cancel tours, for safety reasons, at any time.
- If you are late, your tour will still conclude at the designated time.
- This tour is appropriate for all ages.
- Enclosed and flat suitable footwear is recommended.
- Cleland Wildlife Park does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained.
- Participants must follow all instructions given by keeper staff, for safety reasons.
- All participants must adhere to current government COVID requirements.