Early years (Foundation – Year 2)
Early years education programs encourage hands on interactions and multisensory learning.
Explore the diversity of Australian native animals and some of the animal groups they belong to.
Themes: biodiversity and sustainability
- animals can be classified into different groups according to their features
- animals are supported by natural environments
- animals possess particular features to help them meet their needs for survival
- native animals live in a wide range of habitats
- you can care for the environments that support our animals.
Sharing our world
Discover some of the amazing Australian animals that share our home and school environment.
Themes: conservation, biodiversity and sustainability
- people, animals and the environment are all connected
- we all have basic needs such as food, shelter, water and air.
- you can care for native animals’ homes
- we can all respect and care for the environment
The cycles of life
Investigate the life cycles of some of our fascinating Australian animals.
Themes: conservation and biodiversity
- all living things grow, change and go through a life cycle process.
- there are many different kinds of lifecycles.
- animals and plants go through different stages of the life cycle as they grow.
- we can care for the environments that support our animals.
To find out more or if you want a Learning program on a topic not included in the list, talk to the Cleland Education Officer.