Early years (Foundation – Year 2)
Full park closure alert
Due to the extreme weather conditions Cleland Wildlife Park will be closed to the public on Thursday 24 January. The site will reopen on Friday 25 January. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Explore the diversity of Australian native animals and the animal groups they belong to.
- animals can be classified into different groups according to their features
- animals are supported by natural environments
- animals possess particular features to help them meet their need for survival
- native animals live in a wide range of habitats
- you can care for the environments that support our animals.
Sharing our world
Discover some of the amazing Australian animals that share our home and school environment.
Themes: conservation and biodiversity
- you can care for native animals’ homes
- people, animals and the environment are all connected
- we can all respect and care for the environment
- we all have basic needs such as food, shelter, water and air.
To find out more, or if you want a Learning program on a topic not included in the list, talk to the Cleland Education Officer.