To ensure we are complying with current SA Health regulations please note that some of our experiences may have reduced numbers and you may be required to wear a mask to participate.
We thank you for your support and for complying with staff directions.
For further details please talk to our friendly staff.
This fun, interactive and educational experience is available seven days a week and provides guests with an opportunity to get up close and engage with a variety of different cockatoo species and learn about the ecology and pressures affecting their species in the wild.
The cockatoo experience is available every day at 11.00am. Bookings are essential and can be made on the day of your visit.
· Come inside our Cockatoo aviary and embark on a memorable experience with our resident Cockatoos as they interact with you. These birds have either been rescued or hand raised and have an affinity towards humans. We love to share their stories with you and offer you the chance to get up close with the birds and get to know them better.
· Under the supervision of one of our experienced keepers, birds may fly and land on you, spending time on your arms and shoulders, while also feeding from your hand with plenty of opportunity for you to take a photo on your phone.
· Through demonstration you will explore the different adaptations and feeding behaviors of the various species. Learn about their conservation status, their life span and how we can create habitat for our magnificent parrots by protecting and planting natural food sources.
· By participating in this experience you are helping us to save these magnificent birds. For every Cockatoo Experience ticket sold Cleland Wildlife Park volunteers will propagate and plant a habitat or food plant, helping to conserve wild populations into the future.
Cockatoo Experience booking conditions
Bookings are essential and made on the day of your visit. For further information please contact one of our team on (08) 8339 2444 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum number of guests is 1 and a maximum of 4.
- Minimum age is 6 years old, children 6 to 15 years must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please note we use nuts as treats for our cockatoos. Please advise our staff if you have a nut allergy.
- We recommend that any jewelry is removed prior to entering the aviary.
- We recommend wearing enclosed foot wear.
- Pre-payment by credit card or cash is required to secure your booking.
- Bookings close 10 minutes before the experience.
- Cancellations by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather or other conditions outside of the park’s control.
- If a Total Fire Ban day is declared, management reserve the right to cancel the tour. We will endeavor to reschedule and ensure you still maintain your booking. In the event you cannot attend the re-scheduled tour a full refund will be granted.
- Management reserve the right to cancel tours for safety reasons at any time.
- If you are late, your tour will still commence and conclude at the designated time.
- Participants must follow all instructions given by keeper staff for safety reasons.
- Cleland Wildlife Park does not take responsibility for any injuries received.
- This experience is not wheelchair accessible but please contact us to discuss alternative options.
- Please note, we have a heat policy for the welfare of our cockatoos. If the temperature is forecast to reach or exceed 32 degrees at Mt Barker, then the experience will be cancelled and you will be refunded in full.