The Echidna Encounter provides an opportunity for guests to meet one of Australia’s native icons, the echidna. Those participating in this encounter enter the enclosure with the wildlife keeper, and assist with this unique opportunity of feeding these animals while learning all about their adaptations and behaviours, and the importance of echidnas in our environment.
Spend time with our echidnas and their keeper, inside the animal’s enclosure.
Help feed our echidnas, and observe the unique way they feed with their 15cm long sticky tongues.
Gain knowledgeable information about our echidnas, and how we care for them.
Learn about the importance of echidnas and their unique lifecycles.
Take the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about our echidnas, their adaptations and lifestyle, and caring for them in a
Take away a new appreciation for these wonderful animals, and learn about the steps you can take to help conserve them for future
Inclusions: 15 minute experience with the echidnas and Mammal Keeper
Time: 12.10 pm (participants to meet Mammal Keeper at the echidna exhibit 5 minutes prior to commencement of the encounter)
Number: Maximum 4 participants
Duration: 15 minutes
Age: Participants must be aged 6 years or over. Every child (6-15 years) must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Hot weather: Experience will be cancelled if temperature is forecast to reach or exceed 37 degrees at Mt Barker
- Bookings can be made on arrival, however we recommend booking online prior to your visit to avoid any disappointment of missing out.
- Bookings close at 11.40am on the day of the experience, or until sold out.
- Please allow enough time for you to arrive at the park, enter through the ticket office and walk to the echidna enclosure (about a 15 minute walk). If you are late, your tour will still commence and conclude at the designated time. No refunds will be given.
- Please note, we have a heat policy for the welfare of our animals. If the temperature is forecast to reach 36 degrees at Mt Barker, then it is too hot for this experience to take place. We will notify you of the cancellation and issue you a full refund. Animal management reserve the right in extreme weather conditions to cancel experience.
- Cancellations made 5 days’ prior to booking will receive a full refund. Cancellations made by a customer require a minimum of 5 days’ notice. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded. If a refund is authorised, it will be made within 28 days of booking date.
- Cancellations made by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather or other conditions outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be issued with a full refund. Management reserve the right to cancel tours for safety reasons, at any time.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for your experience. Closed footwear is recommended.
- Maximum number of guests is 4.
- Participants must follow all instructions given by keeper staff for safety reasons.
- Cleland Wildlife Park does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained.
- This experience is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Participants must be 6 years old or over. Every child (6-15 years) must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- All participants must adhere to current Government COVID requirements.