Join us this term for Bush Buddies – our pre-school education program aimed at 2-4 year olds.
Each week children will explore a different Australian animal through storytelling, music, interactive and sensory learning experiences, while exploring the park.
Kids will find out more about possums to lorikeets, as well as some of our more famous residents. You will also learn which animals to look for on a rainy day, how to identify those sounds in your garden, and which of our animals have the brightest colours and the smoothest skin.
Your little nature lover will spend 45 minutes with our fully qualified educator and while younger children are welcome to attend, please note some activities may not be suited for children under 2 years.
- Monday 11am
- Tuesday 10am
- Friday 10am & 11am
For multiple bookings call 8339 2444 or 8130 9016
COST: $10 per session + park entry (become a Cleland member and receive unlimited entry all year round!)
- Bush Buddies will still commence in the hot weather, however will be adapted to accommodate the heat. If the weather is over 370 the session will be held indoors.
- Days of catastrophic fire danger all sessions will be cancelled and park will be closed.
- Bush Buddies will still commence on rainy days, sessions will be held indoors.
If session are cancelled due to extreme weather or COVID-19 you will be emailed by the children’s program coordinator.
Bush Buddies Term 4
Week 1:Night time creatures
Story: Goodnight Possum by Coral Vass
Week 2:Rare Rock Wallabies
Story: Benny Bungarra’s Big Bush Clean – up by Sally Morgan
Week 3:Scrap that Scat
Story: The Story of the Little Mole Who knew it Was None of His Business by Wolf Erlbruchand Werner Holzwarth
Week 4: Ducks Rock
Story: Duck by McKinlay
Week 5:Scales-Fur-Feathers Wowee
Story: I went walking by Sue Machin
Week 6: Curious Cycles
Story: Lyssie the Butterfly by Eva-Marie Welsh
Week 7: Snakes
Story: The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
Week 8:Fabulous Flowers
Story: Poppy and the Blooms by Fiona Woodcock
Story: Puggles Problem by Aleesah Darlison
Week 10:Nothing but Nests –
Story: Bird Builds a nest by Martin Jenkins,Richard Jones
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings recommended and available upon arrival. Keep in mind sessions have a maximum group size of 12-14 children.
- Sessions are $10 per child
- Park entry is required (this is a great opportunity to become a Cleland Member and receive unlimited entry).
- Park entry for under 4 years of age are free.
- Duration 45 minutes
- Sessions will commence and conclude at the designated time.
- Suitable for 2-4 years, although younger children can attend, just note some activities may not be suited for children under 2 years.
- Refunds not available, however we can reschedule if you contact us before the booked session.
- Cancellations by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather, or other conditions, outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule or be refunded in full. If a Total Fire Ban day is declared, management reserves the right to cancel the tour. We will endeavour to reschedule and ensure you still maintain your booking. In the event you cannot attend the re-scheduled tour, a full refund will be granted. Management reserve the right to cancel tours, for safety reasons, at any time.