Join us this term for Bush Buddies – our pre-school education program aimed at 2 to 4 year olds.
Each week children will explore a different Australian animal through storytelling, music, interactive and sensory learning experiences, while exploring the park.
Kids will find out more about possums to lorikeets, as well as some of our more famous residents. You will also learn which animals to look for on a rainy day, how to identify those sounds in your garden, and which of our animals have the brightest colours and the smoothest skin.
Your little nature lover will spend 45 minutes with our fully qualified educator and while younger children are welcome to attend, please note some activities may not be suited for children under 2 years.
- Monday 11 am
- Tuesday 10 am
- Thursday 11am
- Friday 10 am
$10.50 per session plus park entry (become a Cleland member and receive unlimited entry all year round!)
If you are looking to book multiple sessions contact us on 7424 5800 or email email@example.com
- Bush Buddies will still commence in the hot weather, however will be adapted to accommodate the heat. If the temperature is over 37 degrees, the session will be held indoors.
- On days of catastrophic fire danger all sessions will be cancelled and park will be closed.
- Bush Buddies will still commence on rainy days, sessions will be held indoors.
If session are cancelled due to extreme weather or COVID-19, you will be emailed by the Children’s Program Coordinator.
Bush Buddies Term 1 2023
Commencing Monday 30 January 2023
Week 1: Lovely lizards
Week 2: Enormous emus
Week 3: Spiders, those 8 legged critters
Week 4: Kangaroos, kangaroos
Week 5: Interesting insects
Week 6: Totally terrific trees
Week 7: Wonderful water birds and their nests
Week 8: Look out for snakes
Week 9: Beautiful butterflies
Week 10: Brilliant bilbies - Easter
Bush Buddies Term 2 2023
Commencing Monday 1 May 2023
Week 1: Turtles
Week 2: Busy bird beaks
Week 3: Dingoes and Tasmanian devils
Week 4: What’s that noise?
Week 5: Fantastic frogs
Week 6: What grows from a seed?
Week 7: Bugs bugs bugs
Week 8: Possum magic
Week 9: Who can hop?
Week 10: Sneaky potoroos and bandicoots
Bush Buddies Term 3 2023
Commencing Monday 24 July 2023
Week 1: Reptiles are rad!
Week 2: Animal homes
Week 3: Geese Please
Week 4: Marsupial manners
Week 5: Colourful birds
Week 6: Wallabies
Week 7: Who lays eggs?
Week 8: Wonderful worms
Week 9: Wombats
Week 10: Be a tree
Bush Buddies Term 4 2023
Commencing Monday 16 October 2023
Week 1: Night time creatures
Week 2: Rare rock wallabies
Week 3: Scrap that scat
Week 4: Ducks rock
Week 5: Scales-fur-feathers wowee
Week 6: Curious cycles
Week 7: Safe snakes
Week 8: Fabulous flowers
Week 9: Echidnas
Week 10: Nothing but nests
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings recommended and available upon arrival. Keep in mind sessions have a maximum group size of 12 to 14 children.
- Sessions are $10.50 per child
- Park entry is required (this is a great opportunity to become a Cleland Member and receive unlimited entry).
- Park entry for under 4 years of age are free.
- Duration 45 minutes
- Sessions will commence and conclude at the designated time.
- Suitable for 2 to 4 years, although younger children can attend, just note some activities may not be suited for children under 2 years.
- Refunds not available, however we can reschedule if you contact us before the booked session.
- Cancellations by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather, or other conditions, outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule or be refunded in full. If a Total Fire Ban day is declared, management reserves the right to cancel the tour. We will endeavour to reschedule and ensure you still maintain your booking. In the event you cannot attend the re-scheduled tour, a full refund will be granted. Management reserve the right to cancel tours, for safety reasons, at any time.