The Cleland Café
Our café is currently only offering take-away coffees and a limited take-away menu so that we can comply with social distancing requirements. We have also moved to cashless transactions.
The Cleland Café is open daily from 9:30am - 5:00pm.
We serve a seasonal menu and pride ourselves on sourcing products from the Adelaide Hills.
You can grab light lunch or sit down to a delicious hot meal, pairing it with a fresh roasted coffee, or a glass of wine. We’ve even got a kids menu to keep the little ones happy.
In hot weather, it’s always that little bit cooler in the Adelaide Hills. Soak up the sunshine in the leafy café garden. You’ll see Superb Blue Wrens and potoroos, and if you’re around at 12:30, you’ll catch lorikeet feeding time. In winter you can warm up next to our wood fire.
This year we are celebrating the role the Café plays, not just in providing outstanding food and service, but in supporting our environment. In 2019 the café has pledged to demonstrate best practice in sustainability. Actions to become more sustainable include:
• All takeaway cups, containers, cutlery and bin bags are made of compostable plastic made from plants. All food scraps are separated by staff and composted, which means no waste ends up in landfill.
• The Café sells reusable coffee cups made from sustainable plastic and offer ‘Free coffee deals’ for reusable cups. All soft plastics are separated by staff and personally taken to supermarket chains to be recycled though their bag drop off bins.
• All one-use refundable plastic bottles, plastic milk bottles and non-refundable plastic containers are separated by staff and sent to Scouts Recycling. Milk bottle plastic rings are cut off and recycled by staff in their personal domestic recycle bins, rings are also snipped so they’re not a threat to wildlife.
• Plastic straws are no longer available, instead we now offer compostable straws.
• Kitchen scraps for animal use are personally delivered to Minton farm from Café staff members, 3 – 4 nights a week. We have an active worm farm that food scraps are used for, the worms are then used to feed animals within the Park.
Such initiatives are only possible through the commitment of all the café staff and have proven so successful the café now features in our education packages on how to operate a sustainable food business!