Come and meet Fred, one of the friendliest wombats in the world.
Wombats are perfectly designed for digging with their short legs, broad feet and sharp claws. They are able to dig extensive burrow systems of over 100m in length and can run at up to 40kph.
Cleland Wildlife Park is one of the only places in Australia where guests can have an up-close and personal experience with a wombat.
You’ll be able to enter the enclosure and pat, feed and take photos with Fred while our knowledgeable keeper gives a unique insight into this intriguing species.
Health and safety conditions apply to our Wombat experience.
The Wombat experience is available at 11:45am, daily. Bookings are essential and can be made online here. On arrival you will receive a map. Five minutes prior to the experience start time please meet at location 20 on your map. Please allow 15-20 minutes to walk to this location from Cleland’s entry point.
| Type Price
| Per Person
||$58.00 (includes park entry)
- Bookings can be made on arrival, however we recommend booking online prior to your visit to avoid the disappointment of missing out
- Maximum number of guests is 3. Non-participating guests may watch from the viewing area
- Bookings close at 11.15am on the day of the encounter
- Only paying participants may participate
- Participants must be 8 years or over. Every child (8-15 years old) must be accompanied by a paying adult
- This experience is not accessible by wheelchair
- Participants must follow all instructions given by keeper staff, for safety reasons
- Cancellations made 5 days’ prior to booking will receive a full refund. Cancellations made by a customer require a minimum of 5 days’ notice. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded. If a refund is authorised it will be made within 28 days of booking date
- Cancellations made by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather, or other conditions, outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule, or be refunded in full. If a Total Fire Ban day is declared, management reserve the right to cancel the tour.
- If you are late, your tour will still conclude at the designated time
- Enclosed and flat suitable footwear is recommended
- Cleland Wildlife Park does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained
- Please note, we have a heat policy for the welfare of our wombats. If the temperature is forecast to reach 32 degrees at Mt Barker, then it is too hot for this experience to go ahead. If you wish to keep your booking we will endeavour to ensure you have the most wonderful time at Cleland Wildlife Park, however we would be more than happy to reschedule to a mutually suitable time.