Come and meet Fred, one of the friendliest wombats in the world.
Wombats are perfectly designed for digging with their short legs, broad feet and sharp claws. They are able to dig extensive burrow systems of over 100m in length and can run at up to 40kph.
Cleland is one of the only places in Australia that guests can have an up close and personal experience with a wombat.
You’ll be able to enter the enclosure and pat, feed and take photos with Fred while our knowledgeable keeper gives a unique insight into this intriguing species.
Health and safety conditions apply to our Wombat experience.
Wombat feeding tours are offered at 11.30am, seven days a week.
Bookings are essential and can be pre booked over the phone on +61 8339 2444 or booked on site. Children must be 8 years or over.
| Type Price
| Per Person
Bookings are essential. Please contact one of our team on (08) 8339 2444 during business hours or email email@example.com. We look forward to working with you and making sure your experience at Cleland is a memorable one.
- Maximum number of guests is three. Non-participating guests can watch from the viewing area.
- Pre-payment by credit card or cash is required to secure your booking.
- Bookings close at 11.15am on the day of the encounter.
- Only paying participants can participate.
- Participants must be eight years or over. Every child (8-15 years old) must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- This experience is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Participants must follow all instructions given by keeper staff, for safety reasons.
- Cancellations made five days’ prior to booking will receive a full refund. Cancellations by a customer require a minimum of 5 days’ notice. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded. If a refund is authorised it will be made within 28 days of booking date.
- Cancellations by Cleland Wildlife Park may occur due to extreme weather, or other conditions, outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule or be refunded in full. If a Total Fire Ban day is declared, management reserve the right to cancel the tour.
- If you are late, your tour will still conclude at the designated time.
- This tour is appropriate for all ages.
- Enclosed and flat suitable footwear is recommended.
- Cleland Wildlife Park does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained.
Please note, we have a heat policy for the welfare of our wombats. If the temperature is forecast to reach 32 degrees at Mt Barker, then it is too hot for this experience to go ahead. If you wish to keep your booking we will endeavour to ensure you have the most wonderful time at Cleland Wildlife Park, however we would be more than happy to reschedule to a mutually suitable time.