We welcome you to visit Cleland Wildlife Park and are committed to the health and safety of our guests, volunteers and staff. Some of our animal experiences have changed.
Visiting Cleland during the COVID-19 outbreak
The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation continues to evolve and we would like to assure you the health and safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our first priority.
Cleland Wildlife Park is open. While the park’s wide open spaces means it is unlikely for you to come into close contact with other visitors, we will be implementing the following measures effective immediately to comply with recent advice regarding social distancing:
- Please note on 29 March 2020 the National Cabinet agreed to further limit most indoor and outdoor non-essential gatherings to two people.
- We will no longer be accepting cash at any of our terminals.
- All of our koala experiences (including koala holding, perch and feeding tours) and other facilitated animal experiences with our keepers have been suspended as we aren’t able to meet social distancing requirements.
- Our Keeper Talks have also been suspended so that we don’t group visitors together.
- We have increased the frequency of our cleaning and wiping down surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer is available to visitors and we encourage good hygiene practices.
- The Barking Gecko Café will have limited take-away snacks and drinks only. We will no longer be accepting reusable coffee cups.
- The Oceans to Outback animal exhibit will be closed until further notice.
Our ongoing care for our animals has not been altered in anyway. We will continue to respond to this situation as needed, and we thank you for your ongoing support.
Please do not visit if you have been advised to self-isolate.
More information on COVID-19