Hold a koala – private package
Our koalas have fully recovered from their skin condition, and we are excited to announce the koala up-close experience (where you can meet and touch some of the park's friendliest residents, but not hold) is now being held every day between 11am-12 noon and 2pm-4pm.
Our private sessions are perfect for corporate groups or special occasions.
The package includes:
- park entry for the day
- the rare opportunity to hold a koala
- a professional photograph to mark the occasion
- two copies of your photo, both presented in a souvenir wallet
- a private session out of public waiting times
- your own personal keeper for an hour to answer all your questions
- animal food to feed some of the other animals in the park.
Bookings are essential. Health and safety conditions apply.
Koala experiences fees
||Free with entry fee
|Koala close-up (private package)
||Adult - $311
Extra adult - $55 per person
Extra child (4-15 years) - $42 per person
|Hold a koala
||$30 (plus entry fee)
|Hold a koala (private package)
||Adult - $350
Extra adult - $75 per person
Extra child (4-15 years) - $62 per person
|Feed a koala (private package)
||$95 per person
Please note that the koala experiences will not be held if temperatures are forecast to be 32 degrees and above at Mt Barker.
For a personalised experience, book a private koala hold package. In these private sessions, you and your group have access to a koala and a koala keeper for the specified time (subject to staff and animal availability).